Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Importance of Never Giving Up

On Sunday I went out to run 50 minutes, time over which I usually run 10km. By minute 40 I ran out of steam, the 92 degree heat in the Sun was too much to handle, but I could not get over the fact that I did not finish the 50 minute tun I was planning.
Tonight (Tuesday) I was back on the road to finish what I started. The temperature was lower (86 degrees) and I ran in the dark and rain, definitely fresher than it was on Sunday.
For the first time since my surgery I ran for one hour, time over which I would normally run 12 km. I did not have a GPS on me to manage speed or distance, but hitting the one hour mark was an important milestone on my road to removing all my mental barriers.
My next milestone is to start swimming, tonight was raining and I did not want to get wet!
Anyway I hope this helps you understand that if something doesn't work out simply don't give up unless you know for sure that you have set an impossible goal or mission. Without knowing that the one hour mark was impossible I went out and did it.
One hour run, important milestone, many more to go. We can run with glioma! Half Marathon here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment