Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Going for it big time!

Yes we can! After a long hiatus triathlon is back, I signed up for a short triathlon taking place on May 12 and am bringing my brother and some friends as a bonus, can't wait to see them shine in the tri scene. They are all making awesome progress training and will now put it into practice, nothing like a BT brother or friend to get you out of the couch.
I have been training easily so to compensate for my slackness I signed up for a bike race, a 45K uphill bike ride on April 28. Should be fun and dangerous, I have never done a bike race so nothing like going uphill to start. Luckily I will be with a friend and it shouldn't be that bad, this weekend I got lost around my house riding and climbed a bunch of hills that long board skateboarders use to go down, quite a contrast!
As I shared in my other blog (We Can Think With Glioma) exercising seems to have a positive effect on cancer so why not take it to the limit and fry my leftover BT with endorphins and heat shock proteins?
It is pretty clear to me that the best thing brain tumor and cancer patients can do is to push their limits, no matter where those limits stand. If you were a professional athlete your limit would be well beyond that of an amateur but we should all strive to achieve our potential no matter what the circumstances are or where we stand relative to others. Don't wait for things to get better to do what you like, just keep trying no matter what the circumstances are and you might accomplish something you have never expected.
Life is too short to waste on things we don't like so focus on what you love and every second you have will count towards a better you. Sports have always been a part of me and there is never a good time to stop, so I will keep running and more until my body stops responding to prove that we can run with glioma.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Patrick! I was actually just reading up on a few of your posts and had question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete